Banyan Global is recruiting a full-time, Malagasy business specialist to implement private health sector activities of the USAID-funded IMPACT (Improving Market Partnerships and Access to Commodities Together) project in Madagascar.
The IMPACT activity aims to improve the capacity of the Malagasy health system to ensure that quality pharmaceuticals and health commodities are available and accessible to all Malagasy people on a sustainable basis. The project will take a total market approach (TMA) to leverage the relative strengths of public, nonprofit, and commercial actors. The activity will also strengthen the capacity of the Government of Madagascar (GOM) to manage and sustain a supply of pharmaceuticals and health commodities; encourage expansion of the commercial sector to reach new markets and consumer segments; support social marketing to increase coverage of essential health products at affordable prices; and promote health products to create demand.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
· Develop work plans for the project in cooperation with Banyan Global management. Provide technical assistance to commercial sector (distributors and retailers) to serve health markets
· Provide technical assistance to water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector actors
· Expand supply side financing leveraging the USAID Development Credit Authority guarantee (DCA) with partner banks and other products/financial institutions
· Develop innovative approach to supply-side financing in partnership with mobile companies (loans through mobile)
· Identify and collaborate with professional health associations and networks to further program aims;
· Facilitate trainings for commercial sector in business and financial management;
· Identify and build relationships with financial institutions in Madagascar including commercial banks, microfinance banks, and equity investors;
· Organize strategic consultative meetings between private and public sector actors in supply-chain;