Banyan Global is recruiting a long-term, part-time Malagasy consultant to serve as a gender and social inclusion advisor for activities in the private health sector as part of the USAID-funded IMPACT (Improving Market Partnerships and Access to Commodities Together) project in Madagascar. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in gender equality, women’s empowerment and social inclusion in international development or related field.
The IMPACT activity aims to improve the capacity of the Malagasy health system to ensure that quality pharmaceuticals and health commodities are available and accessible to all Malagasy people on a sustainable basis. The project will take a total market approach (TMA) to leverage the relative strengths of public, nonprofit, and commercial actors. The activity will also strengthen the capacity of the Government of Madagascar (GOM) to manage and sustain a supply of pharmaceuticals and health commodities; encourage expansion of the commercial sector to reach new markets and consumer segments; support social marketing to increase coverage of essential health products at affordable prices; and promote health products to create demand.
· Provide technical leadership, guidance, and oversight related to gender equality, women’s empowerment and social inclusion within health commodity systems.
· Support the implementation of interventions that promote the participation of women, youth and disadvantaged groups in access to and provision of health services.
· Design and deliver training and capacity building on gender equality and social inclusion for project staff, private sector partners, government stakeholders, etc. as required.
· Support the preparation and execution of a project-level gender analysis and development of a strategy for integrating gender equality and social inclusion into health commodity systems.
· Advise project team members on the integration of gender equality and social inclusion into market assessments, SBCC campaigns, capacity building activities, policies and regulations, and enterprise development.
· In collaboration with the M&E team, develop indicators and methodologies for tracking changes in key areas relevant to gender and social inclusion.
· Develop work plans, activity reports, and other written deliverables for the project in cooperation with Banyan Global management.
· Contribute to developing content and communications materials to support knowledge management efforts related to gender and social inclusion.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.