Banyan Global is a growing, women-owned, international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. Banyan Global works seamlessly in five practice areas: health, economic growth, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning. The Banyan Global Associate, Contracts and Operations provides financial, administrative, and programmatic support to assist in the implementation of Banyan Global’s worldwide projects. This position is ideal for a candidate with at least seven years of federal government contracting experience, five of which should be supporting USAID contracts. We are seeking a candidate who is looking for their next step of career growth and wants to help grow a small business. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Contracts and Operations and is based in Washington, DC. Candidates have either US citizenship, residency, or a work permit.
• Lead and oversee day-to-day operations for a portfolio of assigned contracts and/or subcontracts
• Travel to the field projects for start-up, close-out and ad hoc operations visits as needed.
• Assist the Vice President of Contracts and Operations with the development of trainings for junior staff in field operations, USAID rules and regulations and other USG compliance.
• Oversee high level project financial management for portfolio, including budget development and analysis.
• Support program management and program coordination staff with pipeline development and forecasting.
• Assist the program management team with HR and legal issues related to field operations, local staff, registration, and local partners.
• Assist the program management team with local partner due diligence vetting and capacity building related to financial management and USAID or other donor compliance.
• Assist with cost proposal development as needed and as time permits
• Assist with finance duties as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior USAID experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, international development, or related field. Masters’ degree preferred but not required.
• Minimum of seven years of experience managing contracts, finance and/or operations for organizations that contract with the federal government, including at least 5 years of experience with USAID contracts and cooperative agreements.
• Knowledge of USG/USAID regulations including FAR, AIDAR, CFR, and OMB Circulars.
• Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
• Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with clients, donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators, and staff at all levels of the organization.
• Strong MS Office skills, including Excel.
• Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
• Proficiency in either Spanish or French a plus but not required.